Find a workshop by state, topic or dates.
See a full list of submitted workshops here.
Submit your workshop information:
Workshop Title*School Subject*Art WorkshopsComputer/Technology WorkshopsForeign Language/ESL WorkshopsLanguage Arts WorkshopsMath WorkshopsMusic WorkshopsOther WorkshopsPhysical Education WorkshopsScience WorkshopsSocial Studies WorkshopsGrade Level*Early ChildhoodEarly ElementaryIntermediate GradesLate ElementaryHigh SchoolState*AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingArmed Forces AmericasArmed Forces EuropeArmed Forces PacificAddress*Street AddressCityZip CodeDate* Additional Date Start Time : HHMMAMPMEnd Time : HHMMAMPMTopic Covered*Website AddressHow to RegisterUpload Information, Posters or Brochures (jpeg or gif files under 1 MB)Submitted ByNameThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Workshop Name:: Creating Fluent Readers
Location:: Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio(see below for more details)
Dates & Times:: MArch and April 2011
Topics Covered:: From Phonics to Fluency: Strategies for achieving Reading proficiency with nationally renowned reading expert and author, Dr. Timothy Rasinski
March 8-Grand Rapids, Michigan
March 9- Toledo, Ohio
March 10- Cleveland, Ohio
April 6- Bloomington, Illinois
April 7- Bettendorf, Iowa
How to Register:: http://www.SDE.com/REGISTER or call 1-800-462-1478
Submitted by:: suzie
Workshop Name:: Singapore Math: Strategies That Work in Every Classroom!
Location:: Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, new Mexico, Ohio(see below)
Dates & Times:: Jan- May
Topics Covered:: Learn the principles and key strategies that will improve all your learners’ number sense, mental math skills, and problem-solving skills with Singapore Math expert, Char Forsten. This is an intensive 2 day seminar for teachers of grades 1-6.
ARKANSAS- Little Rock-March 15-16
CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles- Jan. 25-26
FLORIDA- Tampa- Feb. 1-2
ILLINOIS-Oak Lawn- May 3-4
MICHIGAN-East Lansing-May 12-13
NEW MEXICO-Albuquerque-Feb. 8-9
Submitted by:: kelly
Workshop Name:: The DH Cadwell Earth Science Workshop
Location:: New York State Museum, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230
Dates & Times:: July 2011, dates TBD; 8:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
Topics Covered:: This annual workshop, designed by geologists at the State Museum, helps Earth Science teachers improve student test scores by increasing their familiarity with the geologic environment and geologic history of New York State. Teachers participate in investigations and hands-on exercises, plus join a field trip that will increase understanding of the geologic development of New York State and its impact on society. Each teacher is encouraged to develop working relationships with Museum geologists who can provide assistance and information during the school year to benefit classes.
THE WORKSHOP GOALS ARE TO:
* Facilitate hands-on investigations of the geologic development of New York State;
* Establish close, continuing working relationships between science teachers and the professional geologists from the State Museum; and
* Help Earth Science teachers obtain and prepare materials and experiences for use in teaching Earth Science/Physical Setting.
MAJOR TOPICS INCLUDE:
* Pleistocene processes — Glaciations of New York
* Geology, processes, and life forms of the Paleozoic Era
* The role of evolution in geologic interpretation
* The economic impact of New York State geology
* Field exercises to illustrate concepts and processes
Location: New York State Museum, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230
Eligibility: Teachers of Earth Science/ Physical Setting
Dates and Times: July 2011, dates TBD; 8:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
Teacher In-Service Credit: 16 contact hours
The number of participants is limited to 20.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Donna Jornov at 518-474-5816 or via email, or
Dr. Andrew Kozlowski at 518 486-2012 or via email, or
New York State Museum
Room 3140 CEC
Albany, NY 12230
How to Register:: Ms. Donna Jornov at 518-474-5816
Workshop Name:: Illinois Reading Council
Location:: Springfield, Illinois
Dates & Times:: March 17-19
Topics Covered:: Literacy Outside the Box:
Click link to see preliminary program:
How to Register:: http://www.illinoisreadingcouncil.org/conferenceform.html
Email Address:: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location:: Toledo, OH (1 Crowne Plaza Toledo 444 North Summit Street )
Dates & Times:: April 4-5; 8:30-3:20
Topics Covered:: An Intensive Two-Day Seminar for Teachers of Grades 1 to 6
Learn the principles and key strategies that will improve all your learners’ number sense, mental math skills, and problem-solving skills!
* Translate Singapore’s powerful concrete to pictorial to abstract instructional sequence into practical applications for your classroom.
* Develop students’ understanding of computation through number bonds.
* Help your students learn to add, subtract, multiply, and divide by using place value charts, disks, and cards.
* Strengthen the mental math skills of your learners with easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn techniques.
* Develop your learners’ algebraic thinking using practical strategies.
* Gain new insight into building a solid number-sense foundation using place value, computation, and mental math strategies.
* Teach students the model-drawing approach to solving word problems.
* Use a rubric to determine students’ instructional needs when solving word problems.
* Challenge your students to understand, master, and appreciate mathematics.
Presenter: Char Forsten
Receive your free copy of Char’s best selling book 8-Step Model Drawing when attending this seminar.
How to Register:: http://www.sde-events.com/Scripts/4Disapi.dll/4DCGI/events/register.html?Action=Register&ConfID_W=7784
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Lost your password ?