* What items can be recycled? List as many as you can!
* What are some things you can do to help out our Earth?
* List ways in which you can help the environment every day.
* How can you conserve water? Energy?
* How are trees important to us? If we didn’t have trees, what else would we have to go without?
* Create a poster encouraging people to recycle. Hang them up around the school.
* What do you think Earth’s biggest environmental problem is? How can people help improve this problem?
* Go on a short “nature” walk outside….to a nearby park or even just around the school grounds. Record what you see, hear, smell, taste, feel in nature (example: I see and hear the birds singing. I feel the warmth of the sunshine.)
*Write about a time you helped the Earth.
*Write a persuasive piece telling people why it is important to recycle.
* Write an acrostic poem to “nature” or “earth”.
* Create a PowerPoint that reinforces facts about Earth Day and recycling.
* Write and perform a song about Earth Day.