2. Write a Thank You letter to a veteran. Send this to someone in the community or to a Veteran’s Home.
3. Write an acrostic poem using the word “Veteran”.
4. Write a classroom/school newspaper article honoring veterans from your community.
5. Invite a veteran to come and speak to your school.
6. Interview a veteran about his/her experiences. Do a biographical or classroom newspaper write-up based on the interview.
7. Make patriotic posters.
8. Make Veterans Day a “red, white and blue” day. Students will wear these colors proudly to to show patriotism.
9. Take a “Veterans Day Quiz” to test your knowledge. Go to http://quizzes.familyeducation.com/other-holidays/veterans-day/veterans-day-quiz.html
10. Learn facts- Go to http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-veterans-day